Gift Guide for Adventurers
We are delighted to present you with Love Maine Adventure’s first gift guide for adventurers! You know we love our gear and we’ve got everything you need to find the perfect gift for your favorite outdoor loving friend or loved one.
The best thing about this gift guide is that we have tried and tested (almost) everything so you know you’re getting something that is LMA approved.
- Cairn– We’ve shared how much we look forward to this monthly subscription box before, but we can’t express how much we love this enough. For under $30 you can get a box delivered to any address. We have found some of our favorite pieces of gear and favorite snacks through Cairn. Use our code if you decide to sign up! You can learn more about our experience with Cairn here.
- elSage– We learned about this great company through Instagram (this is a common theme). Based out of Washington State, they make great printed apparel on super soft cotton. Our favorite themes are “Believe in Mountains” and “Adventure is a Family Value”. We’ve gifted their shirts before and they are a hit!
- Natasha Bogar Studios– Natasha is one of Willow’s old friends from college. We are in love with her snowy mountain scenes and snow covered trees. We all know that art is expensive, but you can score prints of her work at reasonable prices. If you want to splurge, you can get prints on canvas or metal.
- Hydro Flask These tumblers, water bottles and other containers are fantastic for the car, for camping and anytime you need a drink on the go. They keep drinks cold (or warm) and come in great colors to please everyone on your list.
- Savage Summit: The Life and Death of the First Women of K2 -This account of the first women who climbed K2 will draw you in. It chronicles the backgrounds of each woman, their entrance into mountaineering, the challenges they faced along the way and the ultimate sacrifice they made. Another book we recommend is Desperate Steps from AMC Books.
- Kahtoola MICROspikes – Got traction? If the answer is no, this piece of gear is a must have for every New Englander. When snow flies and ice accumulates, you can keep going on any trail and up any mountain. Don’t let winter hold you and your friends back! #humanpowered
- Trail Signs– What better way to celebrate hiking year round with replicas from your friend’s favorite trails and mountains. These signs are a great addition to hiking maps and stories from the trail.
- Skida– Bundle up, it’s almost winter! This Vermont company makes some of the most colorful, unique and warm hats, headbands and neckwarmers around. If you know a friend like us who enjoys staying fashionable while on the trail, Skida has what you need to keep the trail or slopes colorful.
- Ten Tree– This Canadian company makes great hats, shirts and other accessories to help you celebrate the outdoors while you are in or out of doors. Willow has a few of these hats and has also gifted their shirts. Bonus, they plant ten trees for every purchase.
- Watts in Maine– Clearly we love Maine. When we first discovered this wonderful tribute to our favorite state in gold and sterling silver. Earrings, pendants, rings and anchors. There’s no better way to celebrate the state and our coastal heritage.
- Board of Maine– We love these fun hats, t-shirts and stickers representing our favorite state. We did a giveaway of these hats last spring and it was a hit. Willow gets compliments on her hats all the time from Maine lovers of all stripes.
- Electrolytes! Any good adventurer knows what lifesavers these can be. We like to stock up and buy in bulk, and we’re sure the adventurers on your list would appreciate them too. Some of our favorites are GU Energy Chews in Watermelon, Honey Stinger Gold Classic Energy Gel , and the Gatorade Prime Energy Chews, Strawberry (Pack of 16)
- Moosehead Marketplace – Maine is close to our hearts. So much so, that Willow’s son is named after a coastal town on the way to one of her favorite beaches. These signs help you celebrate your love of any town and region.
- OpenWorld Outfitters – We’ve been working with this veteran owned business for about 8 months now, and the Pocket Blanket is one of our faves. A great stocking stuffer for any adventurer!
- Rumpl– In full disclosure, the only item we have from Rumpl is the beer blanket, but their puffy blankets are on our holiday wish list. Maybe even one of our loved ones will read this review and get an idea (Hey Santa!). These puffy blankets are great for all of your outdoor pursuits and will make waiting for the sunrise or sunset even more enjoyable.
We hope you enjoyed our first official gift guide! Here’s to the great outdoors and the gear that makes it more enjoyable. We’re working on an online store to offer you more of our favorite products – watch for that coming soon!
Wishing you blue skies this winter!
– DD & Willow